School counselors provide individual and group counseling, teach developmental lessons to promote the social/emotional, career and academic growth of students, and act as a resource for students, staff, guardians, and the school community.
- Contact Information
- Mission of the School Counseling Program
- 5th to 6th Grade Transition Timeline
- 8th to 9th Grade Transition
The West Hartford School Counseling Program is based on the belief that every student is important and unique. Our mission is to guide all students toward the best possible educational opportunities in a supportive environment while promoting an understanding of self and others. School counselors strive to provide students with the necessary skills to become productive and healthy citizens. The School Counseling Program is developmental by design, focusing on needs, interests, and issues related to various stages of student growth in three domains: personal/social, academic, and career/post-secondary planning. School Counselors are here to support all students to succeed in school.
Parents are encouraged to contact their child’s school counselor with any questions or concerns that may arise during the school year.
- Parents can register their child on-line for music, world language, and QuEST (if applicable)
- 5th to 6th Grade Transition Night for Parents and Students
- 5th Grade classes visit Sedgwick for an hour long information session and tour of the school.
- Sedgwick counselors meet with all 5th grade teachers to discuss incoming students.
5th grade parents can contact school counselors with questions at any time.
Please reach out to your child's school counselor if you have any question about the transition process.
High School Transition Assembly
8th Grade Open House at Conard High School for parents
Sedgwick counselors bring 8th grade students to the computer lab to register for 9th grade academic and elective classes via PowerSchool.
A list of your child's course recommendations and their course selections will be accessible through PowerSchool.
Principal’s Breakfast with Conard principal Mr. Julio Duarte
"Day In The Life" - 8th graders spend the morning visiting Conard High School.